Star Wars Postquel Update: Casting Has Begun (Maybe)
If certain sites are to be believed (like this one, or this one, or this one) then the following cast descriptions have gone out into the aether for casting agents all over the planet to be on the lookout for the following:
- A young man aged between 20 and 25, witty and smart, fit but not classically handsome
- Man in late twenties, also fit, but this one is handsome and confident.
- Late teenage girl, independent, good sense of humour, also... physically fit .
- Second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and physically fit.
- Man in his forties, obviously physically fit, this one is a military type.
- A man of around thirty or so, this one is an intellectual type.
- Finally, a guy aged around seventy, strong opinions and tough.
Are these Han/Leia spawn? Lando's love children? Hey, I'm in my 40s, but not sure that I constitute "military type", even if equally not "classically handsome".
As always, these type of dribbles mean very little, but given such anticipation for the film even these teases make one try and fill in blanks. Abrams and Kennedy are both already on record on the desire to keep certain things secret, while others will be officially confirmed with regularity. For now, I'm a bit depressed that the only thing I'd probably be suited for is the old crotchety bastard with strong (likely incorrect, in my case) opinions.